Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Two Great Games in Minnesota...Don't Ya Know

If you're not a sports fan, you won't understand this blog at all, especially because it has to do with sports in the state of Minnesota (no offence to any of my friends or relatives there).

But for real, if you aren't a fan of any of the teams there, usually people on the east and west coasts aren't too interested in the Twins, The Wild, the Gophers, and not until recently, the Vikings (thanks in part to the already twice or third retired Brett Farve).

Oh, but if you're any type of sports fan you can't help but pay attention to the all hype in the past two days!

It all started on Monday night, where if it wasn't THE MOST watched Monday Night Football game, it was pretty dang close; the Vikings and Brett Farve hosted the Green Bay Packers.

As much as I'm sick of Brett Farve, this game still was very appealing to me.

Maybe because I wanted the underdog QB Aaron Rogers to prevail, and embarrass Farve and the Vikings, but that didn't happen at all.

Instead, Frave impressed everyone on national TV again, and now I have to now admit to myself that he still might have some fight left in him at the age of 40 (note: I will never admit that again).

Moving on then to Tuesday night, where the Minnesota Twins were fighting Detroit for the AL Central title.

Although I was mad because I couldn't watch it, I stayed updated between ESPN and the MLB Network.

Talk about a way to win the AL title for the Twins, and talk about a crappy way to lose it for the Tigers, as Alexi Casilla singled home the winning run with one out in the 12th inning lifting the Twins to the 6-5 victory.

But as glorious of a win it was, reality soon hit the Twins, as they had to pack up and head for New York in the same night, to play the most annoying team in baseball the Yankees.

As much as I want the Twins to beat the Yankees, I have a feeling it could get plain ugly.

But no matter what happens Minnesota fans, just remember this great week of sports, as it may not happen again for awhile (:

No comments:

Post a Comment