Friday, October 9, 2009

Snow Already!

OK, so I was spoiled for a couple years when I lived down South.

And no it wasn't because of all the friendly people, good BBQ, or SEC football, it was because there was no such thing as covering football in the snow!

I'm not saying that the South didn't have its share of unbearable weather because come summertime in Alabama it would be 90+ degrees...all humidity, and with a big camera on shoulder, that isn't always fun!

But as crazy as I am, I'd rather be it that type of weather than in the freezing dang cold.

I realized when I woke up this morning in Missoula, MT (with snow on the ground) that I was going to have to do a lot more layering this evening when I go out to shoot high school football.

The last time I really remember covering football in the snow was at my first job in Bend, OR and dang did it get cold there!

I don't know if it was because it was my first job and I hadn't gotten a reality check quite yet, but I can remember one night wearing little busniess shoes with no socks while shooting a game in the snow, and I think it took me two days to get my feet warm again.

Since then I've improved my cold weather wardrobe which includes the necessities:

-long johns (under armour preferably)
-stocking cap
-North Face Shell
-North Face Jacket
-Big Ole' Socks (No wool, it's ichy)
-Gloves (not too bulky, still have to be able to shoot video)
-Hand warmers (to put in the pockets)
-Uggs (none of this jeans tucked into them business)
-A lot of warm stuff to drink (I perfer hot chocolate)

And I guess as long as I have everything on that list, it's not HORRIBLE covering football in the snow, as it can sometimes make for a fun atmosphere...I just didn't think it would be this early on in the season!

Cheers here's to being a Montana now!

No comments:

Post a Comment