Saturday, October 3, 2009

Tuel, Nice Change for WSU

Ok Cougs...so I know that we're playing a team that cares more about showing their pimped out jerseys in a New York Fashion Show, than playing a game of football, but personally I think our traditional style is so much better.

Anyway, enough with the fashion talk, lets talk about today's game, and the new found hope for Coug fans.

Jeff Tuel will become the first true freshman to start at quarterback for Washington State since Drew Bledsoe in 1990.

This was something that needed to happen, no offence to Kevin Lopina (very nice young man) or Lobbestael, but we needed a fresh face at the QB position.

Tuel, who is out of Fresno, CA Tuel, started only his senior year in high school, throwing for 1,714 yards and 12 touchdowns.

When I got home from work last weekend, and saw Tuel playing QB, my jaw dropped but in a good way, as he lead the Cougs down the field to eventually score.

And I'm not joking when I saw those kids celebrating on the sideline, I got a little emotional.

The kids want to win more than anything, it's not their fault that the coaching is not all the way there!

I give Paul Wulff props for one thing, starting Jeff Tuel this week...Go Cougs!

No comments:

Post a Comment