Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Caught In The Middle

It's been great so far covering the Montana Grizzlies here in Missoula, MT.

They're the talk of the town, and even after covering SEC football in the South for two years, I have to admit, I'm impressed with this program.

So far there hasn't been a question of who I should cheer for on Saturday's in the state of Montana, with the obvious choice being the Griz.

But now six weeks into the season, I run into one small little problem...Do I want Montana or Eastern Washington to win?

You're probably thinking, duh, pick the team you cover now, I mean gosh you report on them, shouldn't you want them to win?

Ya, of course, but there's still a part of me that wants the Eags to win because I did cover them while I was in Spokane, I'm from that area, and of course my brother goes to school there.

But more than anything, I think it's the plain fact that they're the underdog in this match up and after wanting to win SO bad last year, they got stomped on their own home turf (sad day).

After that whole pity party, I have to keep it real.

So to my brother and dad, there will defiantly be a little part of me that will cheer on those Eagles come Saturday, but sorry I'm in Montana now, and you'd have to be crazy not to root for the Griz!

No comments:

Post a Comment