Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cliff Lee Can Deal!

Ok, so I wasn't that excited about this year's World Series.

You ask why?

Well for the simple fact that they're both East Coast teams.

I'm from the West Coast, and I would've liked having the Angels or Dodgers in it to mix things up a little.

However, if you ask me to pick a team to root for in the World Series, I don't even have to think about it, definitely the Phillies.

I strongly dislike the Yankees, Alex Rodriguez, and the whole Steinbrenner family.

I've never been a fan of a team who thinks they can buy championships, sorry call me old fashion, but I think it's more exciting to see a team that has to work their tail off to get to the top.

So getting to Game 1, and the remarkable showing of Cliff Lee on the mound, if you didn't see the game, Lee shook up the Yankees at the plate with a spiked curveball, deceptive changeup and his nasty fastball, pitching a six-hitter while striking out 10 without a walk.

Lee is the first starting pitcher in the World Series to have 10 K's, no walks, and no earned.

He struck out the red hot A-Rod three times, and led the Phillies to a 6-1 win over the pesky Yankees.

I have to give some props to Chase Utley too (my husband's favorite player), as he helped the offense out with two home runs.

Yankees you better watch out because if the Phils are this comfortable beating you in your billion dollar stadium they're going to be feelin' real good at home.

I pick the Phillies in Six.

No comments:

Post a Comment