Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Back on Blog Duty-Montana so Far...

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to right down all my thoughts, but I was just thinking the other day that it's about time!

Here's the deal, so far I've had a wonderful time covering sports in Montana.

I arrived here last August after getting married and since then there's been lots of sports news to report on.

Here's the recap:

The Osprey finished their season one game short of a division title, Montana's football team went to the FCS National Championship after some incredible playoff games, Griz Coach Bobby Hauck left UM after 7 seasons, we hired new coach Robin Pflugrad, Montana's basketball team finished their season with a Big Sky Title and a ride to the dance, and former Big Sky grad Josyln Tinkle and Stanford played UConn in the Women's NCAA Championship.

So you're wondering, "What's this crazy girl's point?"

Yes, I'm in Montana and not many people think there is much up here, but for those of you who have never been to the Treasure State, people DO take tons of pride in their teams up here and that's what makes things so exciting.

I don't know if it's been luck thus far in my sports broadcasting career, but everywhere I've been I've managed to come at the right time because dang have I been blessed with what I've been able to cover in my six years in the business.

For now the focus is on "Spring in Montana."

It's a slow time for sports right now, but my brain has already been hard at work coming up with new ideas and stories to keep things busy and fun.

I will keep you all updated on my projects for the next couple months...stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment